Sunday, May 24, 2009

Crafty Garden Markers

I should make these w/ my kids. From Make and Takes:

We’ve just planted our summer garden and needed a few markers to label our vegetables. So we made these fun and easy foam garden markers that will make it through any rainy days and help us remember what we planted. And they also add a touch of whimsy.

Craft Garden Marker

Supplies for Garden Markers:

  • craft foam sheets
  • craft popsicle sticks
  • hot glue (for an adult)
  • scissors (kid friendly)
  • permanent markers

Garden Marker Supplies

On the craft foam sheets, have your child draw the shape of the vegetable, try to use the same color of foam as the real veggie. Then have them cut it out around the drawn veggie, or you can cut it out for them. Also write the name of the veggie onto the front of the cut out shape. It’s good to write the words, giving them more exposure to reading.

Draw Garden Sticks

For the adult, hot glue the foam veggie onto a craft popsicle stick and let them dry. Now they’re ready for the garden.

Vegetable Garden Markers

We also made some garden markers for my herb garden. But we used white foam squares and drew the picture onto that instead of in a shape.

Herb Garden Markers

These are going to help us remember what we’ve got growing in our garden, we’re just awaiting the spoils.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun blog with fun ideas! I'm so glad I found it!! Thanks! I gave you an award...you can view it at www.thecreativecrate.blogspot.com Play along if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I found you through my site meter and just had to stop and say hello. What awesome ideas you come up with. So glad you are sharing them with us all...and I totally agree, we all need a list of things we will get to someday!

    ReplyDelete