Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Flower Topiary

Skip to my Lou gives a great tutorial. These look so great!

This week I had the opportunity to make a beautiful topiary of flowers. I was sent 20 beautiful fresh-cut Gerbera daisies from Colombia, Land of Flowers.

flowers1

I also received a few simple instructions along with ribbon, floral foam, preservative, ceramic mug, moss and a rubber band. I started by gathering the daisies in my hand.

flowers2

Once the daisies were gathered in my hand, I placed a rubber band around the stems.

flowers3

This simple trick of using a rubber band to secure the daisies made a beautiful topiary.

flowers4

I trimmed the stems off even at the bottom so they were about 12 inches long. I held the stems firmly and pushed them into floral foam that had been soaked in flower preservative and placed into a mug. I finished it off with a ribbon and some moss to cover the floral foam.

flowers5

I was shocked at how easy it was to create such an amazing display. I had never made anything like this. It was fun to be able to create something so beautiful with so little effort. Everything I needed was provided and the directions were so simple and clear.

flowers7

From getting a box in the mail to being empowered to create an amazing display this experience was a special treat. The flowers are lovely and bring such a happy atmosphere to my home. I love walking into my room and seeing the beautiful flowers. They catch my attention and make my heart do a little dance! I do hope mommy gets flowers for Mother’s Day (hint hint)!—and I hope you get flowers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment