Monday, February 9, 2009

Colors Mini Album

I love this Color mini album from Brooke on Crafting Chicks:

Hey, it's Brooke again! How's it going? I recently made my almost 3 year old daughter her very own book of colors, and wanted to share it with you. :)

This came together so quickly and was really fun to make. I wanted to make Annie her very own customized book of colors. I already had most of the pictures--I wanted the objects to be her own things and have her in the pictures somehow, even if it was just her hand or foot. :) I just kept the design VERY simple so as not to distract from the pictures.

I created the little mini layouts in Photoshop Elements 4.0, using various papers and a flourish from www.digitalscrapbookmemories.com. I made them small enough to just slide them into those ID badge covers from Walmart (12 for $1.60), roughly 2.5 by 3.5 inches or something close to that. Double check to get the right measurements! I could easily fit 2 little layouts on a 4x6 photo printed at Costco, so it is a very inexpensive project. I'm happy with how it turned out, and so is Annie. :) Added some cute coordinating ribbon and a little album was born. :) Here are the digital files so you can see each of the pages. You can click to enlarge.


No comments:

Post a Comment