Monday, February 9, 2009

Photo Tiles

EASY photo tiles from Crafting Chicks!

{I used "Schnookums" from http://www.ggdigitaldesigns.com/.}

Here's what you need--it's really simple and makes a cute gift or decoration for your home.

**whatever size of tile you want (the ones I made were 4.5 x 4.5 inches, only like 13 cent cheapos from Home Depot)

**whatever photo or design you want (I made little mini digital layouts sized to fit a little smaller than the tile--I forgot to do exact measurements but it worked out just fine! Just go with the flow.)

**A bottle of Mod Podge (I used Matte finish but you could do glossy if it floats your boat.)

**brush

Here's how to be all crafty with Mod Podge:

I printed my photos out and trimmed them. I printed on photo paper from Costco because the photo won't smear when I put the Mod Podge on it. Then I "painted" a thin layer of Mod Podge on the tile, placed my photo where I wanted it to go, and let it dry for about 5 minutes (until it wasn't sticky). Then I did another layer of Mod Podge over the top of the photo and let it dry completely. I truly love how they turned out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment