Monday, February 9, 2009

No Sew Quiet Books

This one I have been working on for about 3 years. But this blog, Our Cozy Nest got me in the mood to get cracking! I actually have had things colored for FOREVER...well, 3 years actually just waiting to take them to get laminated. But I took Nicole's advice and just bought my own at Walmart. It was only $25! It also inspired me to start a group in my Ward so now we are doing a Quiet book group and I will have lots to keep my kids quiet in church. If anyone knows of a good place to get magnet dots let me know. Here is the info from Nicole:

This book has gotten us through a lot of Church Meetings with our three kids. It was easy to make, and my kids love it. It also makes great gifts for Christmas and birthdays.





Basically I just used some file folder games. I didn't want to mess with bringing a bunch of folders to church, so I just cut some file folders in half and cut them down a little so they would fit in a 3 ring binder.



I could have just used cardstock, but I liked how the file folders had the little tab at the top. The other great thing about cutting them down for the binder is that they are small enough to fit in your normal laminating machine like you can buy at Walmart. It's way cheaper to buy your own laminator and laminating sheets at Walmart then to pay to have it laminated.




On the first one I used adhesive Velcro, but that was a little noisy sometimes. So depending on the noise level at your Church you could also use magnetic tape.



I keep all the pieces in a little Ziploc bag and then I just stapled a piece of cardstock cut in half and laminated to the front of the file folder to make a pocket to keep the bag in.




I have to be honest it is a lot of cutting and coloring, but I would ten times rather do that then sew little pieces together. It really has held up well, we've been using this one for about 3 years.



It doesn't have to be churchy. There are some great FREE file folder games here at Preschool Printables. These are great because you can print them out in color if you really don't want to take the time to color them. This site has both religious and non religious file folder games. I got all of mine out of this book.....



I know is says Latter Day Saint File Folder Fun, but it also has some Bible ones, like Joseph's coat, and Noah's ark. Anyhow, it your want you can check it our more
here.
So there you have it, my NO SEW quite book, I promise it works, Usually!

No comments:

Post a Comment