Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kids General Conference Baskets

General Conference Baskets from Creative Holiday Gift Ideas:



This is a post from a while back on my personal blog that I thought was appropriate to share since for those who read this and are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (learn more at www.mormon.org) it's almost time for Conference again. I love General Conference. I look forward to it and so do my kids, and I really love that. I know that the reason it's such an enjoyable and uplifting experience for all of us is that we are prepared. It wasn't always that way, but it is now. Here is a link to some ways to make Conference memorable for your family, we love the "tents" toward the temple idea and use it every time, the kids insist.

Another great help I received last Conference was a booklet of Conference related activities, coloring pages, and games for kids that a friend forwarded to me. I updated it the best I could for this time and plan on using it again. I am not kidding when I tell you that my 4 and 6 year old sat in the family room with us and listened to almost all 8 hours of Conference. (email me if you want a copy at delightfuldistraction@gmail.com, I already sent it to a bunch of you yesterday).

A few Conferences ago I started a little tradition of doing something fun for the families of the women I visit teach to help them enjoy Conference weekend. The first time I made sticky buns for all of them and dropped them off the night before so they could bake them fresh in the morning. Last time I made the baskets pictured above for their kids. They included an activity booklet for each child, pencils and crayons, and some apples and toffee apple dip. This weekend I plan on delivering "Overnight French Toast" with strawberries and whip cream to them on Saturday night. They can put it in their fridge and bake it Sunday morning to enjoy. I have not been a faithful Visiting Teacher lately and need to do better so hopefully this will start me off on the right foot!

TOFFEE DIP FOR APPLES

1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 (8oz) bag Heath toffee bits

Mix all ingredients together and serve with sliced apples or refrigerate till ready to serve. Makes about 3 cups.

So, here's my little nudge to you to be prepared so that you really can feast upon the words of Christ. It makes all the difference!

P.S. I'd love to hear any other Conference related activities/ideas your family enjoys.

submitted by Emily (delightfuldistraction.blogspot.com) email: delightfuldistraction@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment