Another approach at Split Coast Stampers:
Are you looking for a easy but fun project to work on this weekend? Try these cute Sour Cream Containers.
Here are the step by step instructions.
1. Start with a rectangle piece of printed heavy weight paper. ( I used some scraps from My Minds Eye and cut it 6"x7".) You will also need two pieces of solid Scraps and a tape runner. (A glue stick will not work.)
2. Run the tape on the back side of the paper down three sides. Roll the paper into a tube.
3. Pinch the top together. The tape should hold it. If not use some staples to close it. At this point, fill the tube with candy or a small treat.
4. Now pinch the other end together but this time in the opposite direction. Once again the tape should hold it but if not you can use staples.
5. Fold the two pieces of card stock in half and place on each end of the container.
To finish it you can punch a whole in the top and place a ribbon or tag.
That's all there is to it. Simple and fun. So while the Big Game is on this weekend, why not sit down and make a bunch of these. You will be all ready for your kids Valentine's Parties! (or birthday parties, showers or anything else you might think of.)