Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Photo Bookmark

This is something my husband needs. Thanks Make and Take for the Valentines day Gift idea!

For Mother’s Day a few years back, my sweet hubby made me the bookmark on the right (I know, very creative!). It has been my favorite gift, I love looking at the photos of my cuties. The next year, we made these bookmarks for Grandmas and they loved them even more. One Grandma keeps it in her purse instead of her books.

To make these photo bookmarks, find a Photo booth that makes the line of black and white photos, some are in color now. I have always found these booths at Kmart or sometimes at the mall. The example below was made with my computer out of photos I have and I cropped them to fit the size of a bookmark. Once you have the photos printed, then cut a piece of cardstock paper a little larger than the photo line. Glue the photo line onto the paper.

You can also decorate on the back of the bookmark. Another photo line can be added or a fun saying. You could put meaningful sentiments from you as well. I typed up lots of ways to say the word “Mother” in different languages. Then add a few stickers or ribbon to embellish.

Now you will need to seal this so it will last forever. You can go to a copy store and have it laminated. Or you can buy contact paper to laminate it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment